Christian Rock From Unspoken

Up for auction are hit tracks “The Cure” and “Miracle” from Christian rock band Unspoken’s most recent album Follow Through.

$64,000

closing price

Auction Closed

Top Bid: Bulldog C

Historic royalty income is no indication of future royalty income. Future royalty income is dependent upon future sales and licensing revenue generated by the sound recordings or compositions associated with this listing.

Starting Price: $22,000
Bidding Increment: $1,200
Closing Price: $64,000
End Date: Jan 17, 2019, 1:00 PM MST
Last 12 Months' Royalties:

$11,797

Investment Term: Life of author + 70 years
Distributors:

ASCAP

Rights Included:

Public Performance

Interests Included:

Songwriter (World)

Track List:

Track List

First Distribution:

February 11, 2019

Distribution Frequency: Quarterly
Buyer Fees:

$500

Become a Royalty Exchange All Access Investor to waive auction fees and enjoy additional exclusive benefits.

What rights are included?

  Musical Composition Sound Recording
Copyrights included? No
Rights:
Mechanical
Public Performance
Sync
Sales
Non-Interactive Streaming
Sync
Sources: Internet Streaming, AM/FM & Satellite Radio, TV/Film/Commercial Performances, etc. Internet Streaming, Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, Samples, etc.
Distributors: ASCAP

Description

As the winning bidder, you will collect the songwriter's share of public performance royalties for two tracks off Unspoken’s most recent release, Follow Through. The album peaked at No. 7 on Billboard’s Top Christian Albums chart, while tracks “The Cure” and “Miracle” charted at No. 8 and No. 13 respectively on Billboard’s Christian Airplay.

Because the songs are newer releases, radio naturally drives this catalog’s earnings, contributing to 75% of royalties in the last 12 months. And as is usual, when radio airplay begins to wan, streaming activity takes its place. For example, “The Cure” has amassed over 6 million spins on Spotify — making it the band’s second most popular song on the platform.

“The Cure” also contributes the majority of this collection’s income with 66% royalties in the last year. The single reached No. 13 on Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs chart. Following close behind is “Miracle” which contributes the remaining 34% of earnings in the last 12 months. The track also charted at No. 18 a Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs.

Key Drivers

New Releases & Tours. Unspoken just recently released a new EP Just Give Me Jesus on November 23, 2018, and have tour dates scheduled through January 2019. The band is set to drop a new full-length album in Spring 2019. While the new songs/albums are not included in this auction, new releases and active tours can help boost an artist's back catalog. Both give the artist the chance to solidify their current fan base and expand their reach to first-time listeners.

Radio. Radio is the largest source of revenue for this catalog accounting for 79% of historic royalties. Although radio royalties are still being generated (nearly three years after the song’s release!), they could eventually level off. Typically, songs that experience significant radio play can often build a foundation for other types of income, such as streaming.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING POST-AUCTION PROCESS

Possession of the songwriter’s portion of this asset (distributed by ASCAP) must be taken via a trust, which is required due to ASCAP’s assignment policy. Please see the Post-Auction Process tab for further information.

About the Royalty Distributor

American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is one of four United States performing rights organizations, along with BMI, SESAC & Global Music Rights. It collects license fees from music users on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. For more information on ASCAP’s distribution schedule, click here.

Similar Auctions

Attention

This action is restricted to Royalty Exchange users.
Please, sign in or create a free account to continue.

Sign In Register