Contemporary Christian: Ellie Holcomb + More

Earn public performance royalties from stand-out artists in the Contemporary Christian Music scene.

$35,000

closing price

Auction Closed

Top Bid: Alberto M

The Theoretical IRR is a formulaic guideline based on an extrapolation of the normalized, historical earnings trend of the catalog. The Theoretical IRR is not a guarantee of future performance. It should be used for comparison purposes only. Each catalog has its own risk factors and the Theoretical IRR is not based upon a specific analysis of this catalog. Click here to view the basis for all Theoretical IRR calculations.

Historic royalty income is no indication of future royalty income. Future royalty income is dependent upon future sales and licensing revenue generated by the sound recordings or compositions associated with this listing.

Starting Price: $16,000
Bidding Increment: $250
Closing Price: $35,000
End Date: Jul 20, 2020, 1:00 PM MDT
Dollar Age:

3.88 Years

Last 12 Months' Royalties:

$4,964

Investment Term: 30 years*
Distributors: ASCAP
Rights Included:

Public Performance

Interests Included:

Songwriter (World)

Track List:

Track List

First Distribution (paid 30 days from receipt): August 31, 2020
Distribution Frequency: Quarterly
Buyer Fees:

1% of closing price or $500 (whichever is greater)‡§

* Please see the FAQ tab for more information on the 30-year investment term.

Investors placing the opening bid on any listing pay no buyer fee if they win the resulting auction, a savings of 1% off the final price (minimum $500). All Access members who already receive this discount will be rewarded with a cash rebate equal to the buyer fee.

§ Become a Royalty Exchange All Access Investor to waive auction fees and enjoy additional exclusive benefits.

What rights are included?

  Musical Composition Sound Recording
Copyrights included? No
Rights:
Mechanical
Public Performance
Sync
Sales
Streaming
Sync
Sources: Internet Streaming, AM/FM & Satellite Radio, TV/Film/Commercial Performances, etc. Internet Streaming, Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, Samples, etc.
Distributors: ASCAP

Description

This catalog contains multiple chart-topping artists from the Contemporary Christian Music community including Ellie Holcomb, TobyMac, Jon Bauer, Holly Starr, and more!

FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS:

International sources drive the earnings of this catalog—which includes formats like radio, streaming, TV/Film, and others—accounting for 58% of the total for the past 12 months. The top-five earning tracks generate 60% of the catalog’s royalties, with the remaining 40% distributed across the remainder of the catalog.

ABOUT THE CATALOG: 

This catalog contains tracks from prominent Contemporary Christian Music (CCM) artists, with the top-earning song coming from Nashville-born CCM / Folk artist Ellie Holcomb. Responsible for 27% of the last 12 months’ royalties, “Find You Here” was released on Holcomb’s second full-length album, Red Sea Road, and peaked at No. 21 on the Top Christian Singles chart. 

Christian hip-hop artist TobyMac’s “Backseat Driver” —from his Gold-certified album This is Not a Test— brought in 14% of catalog royalties over the last 4 quarters.

Rounding out the top-earners in the catalog are a pair of songs from Canadian CCM artist Jon Bauer, as well as a single from Holly Starr, which together contribute another 20% of royalties over the last year. The remaining 250+ songs in the catalog bring in the remaining 40% collectively.

Key Drivers

International Earnings. The majority of this catalog’s earnings come from abroad — at 58% of last year’s earningsearnings. As the winner of this auction, you’ll be entitled to any past performance royalties paid by ASCAP, regardless of when they were earned. As this collection earns primarily from countries outside the United States, it’s important to note that international earnings can often be reported to distributors with limited detail. These international earnings often include income from radio, streaming platforms, and TV/Film.

About the Royalty Distributor

American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is one of four United States performing rights organizations, along with BMI, SESAC & Global Music Rights. It collects license fees from music users on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. For more information on ASCAP’s distribution schedule, click here.

Similar Auctions

Attention

This action is restricted to Royalty Exchange users.
Please, sign in or create a free account to continue.

Sign In Register