Electronic Dance & Production Music

Collect royalties from over 60 countries with this electronic dance music catalog, featuring tracks from Starkillers, also included is production music used in TV shows.


closing price

Auction Closed

Top Bid: kenn g

Historic royalty income is no indication of future royalty income. Future royalty income is dependent upon future sales and licensing revenue generated by the sound recordings or compositions associated with this listing.

Starting Price: $25,000
Bidding Increment: $750
Closing Price: $39,250
End Date: Jun 26, 2017, 2:03 PM MDT
Investment Term: Life of author + 70 years
Last 12 Months' Royalties: $7,680
Royalty Type: Public Performance
First Payment: September 2017
Fees: $500 BMI Payee Account Fee*

*BMI charges a one-time fee of $500 to open a new payee account, which will be debited from the payee's first royalty distribution. Once opened, multiple royalty streams can be routed to the buyer's payee account. If you already have a BMI payee account, there is no fee.


Invest in this catalog with a variety of popular electronic music as well production tracks used in TV shows. This auction is for a musically diverse catalog with earnings from more than 60 countries over 14 years. During the last 12 months, the catalog has produced $7,680 in royalties.

The electronic dance music (better known as EDM) portion of this catalog comes from the American DJ and producer, Starkillers. The highest earning track is “Pressure,” a 2011 release from Starkillers, featuring Nadia Ali and Alex Kenji. Accounting for 42% of the historic earnings, the Alesso remix of "Pressure" became the 2011 summer club and festival anthem and was included in their sets by prominent DJs such as Armin van Buuren, Tiesto, Kaskade and Calvin Harris. The song also experienced global chart positions in Belgium, Netherlands and Slovakia.

Other notable Starkillers tracks are “Days” and “Discoteka.” “Days” is a collaboration with one of the industry's most well-known names, Avicii. Released in 2006, “Discoteka” peaked at No. 30 on Billboard's Dance Club Songs.

What's also exciting about this catalog is that it contains production music used in TV shows. The catalog's highest earning placement is from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Airing from 2003 to 2012, the show uses music from the catalog in Seasons 1-3. The series won two Emmy awards and reruns began airing on TV Land in 2007 and in syndication on CMT.

Key Drivers

Many of the songs in this catalog have experienced global success which is reflected in the diversity of the earnings. Since 2003, this catalog has collected royalties from over 60 countries, with only 21% of its income coming from the U.S. The remaining 79% come from abroad with Italy, France and U.K. as highest earners combined at 36%.

What is being sold?

100% of the seller's interest in the songwriter's share of public performance royalties attributable to the seller's catalog of musical works in the seller's catalog of songs administered by BMI. See the “Financials” tab for a full track list.

How does this asset make money?

Every time “Pressure” or any song in this catalog, is played on TV, radio or any other type of public performance, you earn royalties. BMI makes payments quarterly and the first distribution you will receive is September 2017.

What rights are included?

  Musical Composition Sound Recording
Copyrights included? No
Public Performance
Sources: Internet Streaming, AM/FM & Satellite Radio, TV/Film/Commercial Performances, etc. Internet Streaming, Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, Samples, etc.
Distributors: BMI

About the Royalty Distributor

BMI represents more than 10.5 million musical works created and owned by more than 700,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers. BMI supports businesses and organizations that play music publicly by offering blanket music licenses that permit them to play more than 10.5 million musical works.

Similar Auctions

Here's a recently closed auction that includes both commercial and production music at a similar starting price:

R&B & Hip-Hop With Film & TV Placements




This action is restricted to Royalty Exchange users.
Please, sign in or create a free account to continue.

Sign In Register