Lil Dicky’s “Molly” — Publishing Royalties

Single-song auction features publishing from a Platinum-certified hip-hop track.


closing price

Auction Closed

Top Bid: Corydon G

The Theoretical IRR is a formulaic guideline based on an extrapolation of the normalized, historical earnings trend of the catalog. The Theoretical IRR is not a guarantee of future performance. It should be used for comparison purposes only. Each catalog has its own risk factors and the Theoretical IRR is not based upon a specific analysis of this catalog. Click here to view the basis for all Theoretical IRR calculations.

Historic royalty income is no indication of future royalty income. Future royalty income is dependent upon future sales and licensing revenue generated by the sound recordings or compositions associated with this listing.

Starting Price: $9,200
Bidding Increment: $150
Closing Price: $19,850
End Date: Mar 22, 2021, 3:00 PM MDT
Dollar Age: 5.74 Years
Last 12 Months' Royalties: $2,812
Investment Term: 10 years*

Jingle Punks (A Division of Anthem Entertainment)

Rights Included:

Mechanical, Public Performance, Sync

Interests Included:

Co-publisher (World)

Track List:

Track List

First Distribution (paid 30 days from receipt): March 31, 2021
Distribution Frequency:


Buyer Fees:

1% of closing price or $500 (whichever is greater)‡§

* Please see the FAQ tab for more information on the 10-year investment term.

Investors placing the opening bid on any listing pay no buyer fee if they win the resulting auction, a savings of 1% off the final price (minimum $500). All Access members who already receive this discount will be rewarded with a cash rebate equal to the buyer fee.

§ Become a Royalty Exchange All Access Investor to waive auction fees and enjoy additional exclusive benefits.

What rights are included?

  Musical Composition Sound Recording
Copyrights included? No
Public Performance
Sources: Internet Streaming, AM/FM & Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, etc. Internet Streaming, Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, Samples, etc.
Distributors: Jingle Punks (A Division of Anthem Entertainment)


Collect multiple royalty streams generated by the single “Molly” performed by rapper/comedian Lil Dicky and Panic! at the Disco’s Brendon Urie

As the winning bidder, you’ll earn three types of royalties for the song: mechanical, public performance, and sync for the next ten years. 


Public performance is the leading income source with 55% of last year’s royalties. Mechanical earnings bring in the remaining catalog returns at 45%.


Released in 2015 on Professional Rapper, “Molly” is a collaboration between Lil Dicky and Brendon Urie of pop/rock band Panic! At the Disco. The single was certified Platinum by the RIAA in 2019. To date, the song has an impressive 158+ million spins on Spotify while the official music video has nearly 67 million views. 

The song's album — Professional Rapper — was very successful, debuting at No. 7 on the Billboard 200 and at No. 1 consecutively on three other charts: Comedy Albums, Rap Albums and, Independent Albums.

Key Drivers

Dollar Age. This catalog has a Dollar Age of 5.74 years. This means the song has earned for nearly six years. A high Dollar Age like this suggests stability and longevity. A catalog containing mature works is something worth noting as an investor, as it can help sustain a catalog's earnings moving forward.

Income Mix. The winner of this auction can receive income in various ways:

  • Mechanical: Royalties paid to songwriters and publishers when music is sold (think CD or vinyl) but also when music is streamed (streaming mechanicals) “on-demand” (like Spotify).
  • Performance: Royalties paid to songwriters when music is performed publicly. Music played over the radio, in a restaurant or bar, or over a service like Spotify or Pandora is considered a public performance.
  • Synchronization: Royalties paid to songwriters and publishers for the licensing of a song in music for a movie, TV show, or commercial.

About the Royalty Distributor

Jingle Punks is one of the largest providers of music for media in the world. Jingle Punks was founded in 2008 with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Toronto, and London and strives to rise above the status quo, endeavoring to create unique and innovative musical solutions for our clients. Jingle Punks is owned by Toronto-based rights management company, Anthem Entertainment.

Similar Auctions


This action is restricted to Royalty Exchange users.
Please, sign in or create a free account to continue.

Sign In Register