Performance Royalties from Trey Songz & Kevin Gates

Bid on a consistent, streaming-driven hip-hop and R&B catalog.

$75,500

closing price

Auction Closed

Top Bid: Troy E

The Theoretical IRR is a formulaic guideline based on an extrapolation of the normalized, historical earnings trend of the catalog. The Theoretical IRR is not a guarantee of future performance. It should be used for comparison purposes only. Each catalog has its own risk factors and the Theoretical IRR is not based upon a specific analysis of this catalog. Click here to view the basis for all Theoretical IRR calculations.

Historic royalty income is no indication of future royalty income. Future royalty income is dependent upon future sales and licensing revenue generated by the sound recordings or compositions associated with this listing.

Starting Price: $47,000
Bidding Increment: $1,500
Closing Price: $75,500
End Date: May 21, 2020, 1:00 PM MDT
Dollar Age:

4.81 Years

Last 12 Months' Royalties:

$14,857

Investment Term: Life of author + 70 years
Distributors: BMI
Rights Included:

Public Performance

Interests Included:

Songwriter (World)

Track List:

Track List

First Distribution (paid 30 days from receipt):

June 12, 2020

Distribution Frequency: Quarterly
Buyer Fees:

1% of closing price or $500 (whichever is greater)‡§

Investors placing the opening bid on any listing pay no buyer fee if they win the resulting auction, a savings of 1% off the final price (minimum $500). All Access members who already receive this discount will be rewarded with a cash rebate equal to the buyer fee.

§ Become a Royalty Exchange All Access Investor to waive auction fees and enjoy additional exclusive benefits.

What rights are included?

  Musical Composition Sound Recording
Copyrights included? No
Rights:
Mechanical
Public Performance
Sync
Sales
Streaming
Sync
Sources: Internet Streaming, AM/FM & Satellite Radio, TV/Film/Commercial Performances, etc. Internet Streaming, Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, Samples, etc.
Distributors: BMI

Description

This collection of popular hip-hop and R&B tracks from prominent artists driven primarily by streaming sources.

FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS:

This catalog features high-profile hip-hop and R&B artists like Trey Songz, Kevin Gates, B. Smyth, Future, and more. Its earnings are notably consistent over time primarily from streaming sources, which account for 76% of the last year and 70% of all-time.

Also worth highlighting is the diversity of earnings across all the songs included. The top-five earning tracks collectively generated 63% of the last year’s royalties, while the remaining 66 contributed a combined 37%. 

This collection has diversity among its income distribution and song age. Release dates for income-producing songs range from 2014 to 2019, while the highest-earning song only accounts for 17% of last year’s income. This means you’re not tied to the success of a single title and there is built-in diversity from the mix of older and newer releases.

ABOUT THE CATALOG: 

Two of the top-five earning tracks in this catalog were performed by three-time Grammy nominee Trey Songz: “All We Do” is off of Songz’ 2014 album, Trigga, which debuted at No. 1 on the US Billboard 200,  while “Jupiter Love” is from his 2009 album, Ready.

No stranger to the Billboard 200 chart, Kevin Gates has had multiple mixtapes land in the top 40 and his first studio album landed at No. 2. Gates’ “D U Down” is from his 2017 album By Any Means 2 and brought in 17% of earnings over the last year.

The sharp growth in radio earnings in the last 4 quarters can be attributed to the recent release of top-earning track “Too Many Reasons” by B. Smyth in 2019.

Key Drivers

Hip-Hop & Streaming. Hip-Hop & Streaming. Hip-Hop/Streaming. This catalog is a perfect example of two trends: hip-hop and streaming's growth worldwide. According to BuzzAngle's 2019 Year End Report, hip-hop is the most popular genre of music in the U.S. The driver for the increase is streaming. Six out of the top 10 streamed songs were hip-hop/rap and 52 out of the top 100 most streamed songs were hip-hop/rap.

About the Royalty Distributor

Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) is one of four United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP, SESAC & Global Music Rights. It collects license fees from music users on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. For more information on BMI’s distribution schedule, click here.

Similar Auctions

Attention

This action is restricted to Royalty Exchange users.
Please, sign in or create a free account to continue.

Sign In Register