Historic royalty income is no indication of future royalty income. Future royalty income is dependent upon future sales and licensing revenue generated by the sound recordings or compositions associated with this listing.
|End Date:||Jul 10, 2019, 1:17 PM MDT|
~ 3.19 Years
|Last 12 Months' Royalties:||$6,238|
|Investment Term:||Life of author + 70 years|
Mechanical, Public Performance, Sync
|First Distribution: (paid 30 days from receipt):||
September 4, 2019
‡ Become a Royalty Exchange All Access Investor to waive auction fees and enjoy additional exclusive benefits.
What rights are included?
|Musical Composition||Sound Recording|
|Sources:||Internet Streaming, AM/FM & Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, etc.||Internet Streaming, Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, Samples, etc.|
Recently, we sold the songwriter’s share for this global pop catalog, you can view that auction here. Now, up for bid is the publisher’s share of mechanical, public performance, and sync royalties generated by these international pop tracks.
The income mix for this offering is fairly evenly split amongst sources. In the last 12 months, public performance royalties brought in the majority of revenue (53%), while mechanical royalties brought in the remaining 47%. Thanks to its global appeal, royalties have been reported from over 100 countries. The United Kingdom is the leading contributor with 31% of historical income, along with Sweden and Germany rounding out the top three.
The catalog’s highest-earning song is the 2016 release “Don’t Need No Money,” which brought in 53% of last year’s royalties. “Don’t Need No Money” is performed by British pop vocalist Imani Williams and charted in Ireland, Scotland and the United Kingdom. To date, the song has over 23 million spins on Spotify.
“Body To Body” from Swedish DJ Mike Perry featuring Imani Williams is the second highest-contributing track in this collection. Released in 2017, this song brought in 28% of revenue in the last 12 months. “Body To Body” was a hit in Sweden, peaking at No. 56 on the charts and has over 53 million plays on Spotify.
Income Mix. The winner of this auction can receive income from various royalty streams:
Mechanical: Royalties paid to songwriters and artists when music is sold (downloaded) but also when music is streamed (streaming mechanicals) “on-demand” like Spotify for example.
Performance: Royalties paid to songwriters when music is performed publicly. Music played over the radio, in a restaurant or bar, or over a service like Spotify or Pandora is considered a public performance.
Synchronization: Royalties paid to songwriters and publishers for the licensing of a song in music for a movie, TV show, or commercial.
About the Royalty Distributor
Kobalt Music Group is an independent rights management and publishing company, acting primarily as an administrative publishing company, not owning any copyrights. Kobalt is trusted by some of the world’s greatest artists, and represents more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.