[Buy It Now] Platinum Hit From Zendaya: "Replay" + More
Earn publisher royalties from a collection of music highlighted by pop princess Zendaya, Grammy-winner Jennifer Hudson, American Idol's La'Porsha Renae and more.
Historic royalty income is no indication of future royalty income. Future royalty income is dependent upon future sales and licensing revenue generated by the sound recordings or compositions associated with this listing.
|Investment Term:||Life of author + 70 years|
|Last 12 Months' Royalties:||$13,938|
|Royalty Type:||Public Performance, Mechanical, Sync|
|First Payment:||September 2018|
|Buyer Fees:||Minimal (See Note Below)|
|Auction Closing Price:||$94,500|
|Auction End Date:||May 09, 2018, 3:18 PM MDT|
Collect multiple income streams from a catalog containing pop and R&B hits from the likes of Zendaya, Jennifer Hudson, La'Porsha Renae, Tamar Braxton and more. This asset has produced $13,938 in royalties over the last 12 months.
As the winner of this auction, you will collect the publisher's share of sync, mechanical and public performance royalties. The largest income source for this catalog historically is mechanical royalties — royalties earned when music is either physically sold (CDs), downloaded (iTunes), or streamed online (Spotify). These mechanical royalties make up 43% of earnings for this asset. However, in the last 12 months, there has been a shift to public performance royalties as the leading royalty source with 35% of earnings.
The highlight of the catalog is the title “Replay” performed by Zendaya. The certified-Platinum track brings in 71% of historic earnings. Released in 2013, “Replay” reached No. 40 on Billboard's Hot 100 and No. 20 on the Mainstream Top 40 charts. The song is also Zendaya's third most popular song to-date on Spotify with almost 59 million plays. This catalog also includes other Zendaya tracks such as “Love You Forever” and “Scared.”
This collection of music features other notable artists and songs. For example, the title “Invisible” was off Jennifer Hudson's debut album, Jennifer Hudson. That album won the Grammy for Best R&B Album in 2009. There is also “King” performed by Tamar Braxton, bringing in 24% of last year's income
Income Mix. This auction is for three different royalty streams for the catalog. This means the winner of this auction can receive income in multiple ways:
- Mechanical: Royalties paid to songwriters and artists when music is sold (think CD or vinyl) but also when music is streamed (streaming mechanicals) “on-demand” (like Spotify).
- Performance: Royalties when music is performed publicly. Music played over the radio, in a restaurant or bar, or over a service like Spotify or Pandora is considered a public performance.
- Synchronization: Royalties paid to songwriters and publishers for use of a song as background music for a movie, TV show, or commercial.
This catalog has a well-balanced income mix between the three royalty streams. The majority of income in the last year has come from public performance royalties at 35%, with sync royalties right behind at 33%.
As the winning bidder, you'll collect any up-front sync fees for these songs' use in commercials, TV shows or movies. Historically, “King” from Tamar Braxton received sync fees. In the last year, La'Porsha Renae's “Good Woman” used in three different TV series.
Mechanical Rates. The U.S. Copyright Royalty Board recently raised the rates digital music services must pay for mechanical royalties… by nearly 44% over the next five years. Historically, this catalog has earned the majority of its royalties from mechanical royalties. As the winner of this auction, for the next ten years, you will benefit from the mechanical rate increase as you collect mechanical royalties.
What is being sold?
100% of the seller's interest in the publisher's share of mechanical, sync and public performance royalties attributable to works in the Universal Music Publishing catalog. See the “Financials” tab for a full track list.
How does this asset make money?
Every time “Replay,” or any song in this catalog, is downloaded, purchased or streamed on the internet, the winner of this auction will earn royalties.
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) makes payments bi-annually. Royalty Exchange will administer the payments from UMPG. The next UMPG payment is scheduled for September 2018, to be paid to you by Royalty Exchange in October 2018.
Unless the buyer opts out of the opportunity, this listing will automatically be relisted as a "Buy It Now" sale at a premium over the closing price. The relisted asset will remain live until it is purchased, or until its first royalty distribution. This gives the winning bidder the chance to earn an immediate return on the asset while awaiting the first royalty payment.
Note On Buyer's Fees
IMPORTANT: The winner of this auction will incur administrative fees deducted by Universal Music Publishing Group from each distribution.
For example, in the most recent payment H2 - 2017, the fees, for National Music Publishers Association (NMPA) Membership Dues and Copyright Fee for the song “I Love You,” totaled $27.82 for the $5,478 distribution.
What rights are included?
|Musical Composition||Sound Recording|
|Sources:||Internet Streaming, AM/FM & Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, etc.||Internet Streaming, Satellite Radio, Digital Downloads, CD Sales, TV/Film/Commercial Placements & Performances, Samples, etc.|
|Distributors:||Universal Music Publishing Group||—|
About the Royalty Distributor
Universal Music Publishing Group is a North American music publishing company and is part of the Universal Music Group. Universal Music Publishing is the world's second largest music publishing company and owns or administers more than 3 million copyrights. They are one of the largest music publishing businesses in the world with more than 43 offices in 36 countries.
Buy It Now Listings
This is an automatic relist of a previously closed auction. It features a fixed, guaranteed price that allows you to purchase it from the winner of the original auction immediately. No auction. No competing bids.
This is a first-come-first-served opportunity. This listing will remain available until it is purchased, or until the asset’s next royalty distribution. All financial information is carried over from the original listing, which you can review in the tabs.
Clicking “Buy Now” will take you to an order form where you can leave a down payment to begin your purchase. After you submit the form, you will have two business days to complete the purchase by wiring the remaining funds and final paperwork.
- Stephen T $39,000 on May 04, 2018, 9:55 AM MDT
- Michael Z $40,500 on May 04, 2018, 10:03 AM MDT
- Brian M $42,000 on May 04, 2018, 11:40 AM MDT
- Stephen T $43,500 on May 04, 2018, 11:50 AM MDT
- Brian M $45,000 on May 04, 2018, 12:22 PM MDT
- Stephen T $46,500 on May 04, 2018, 12:22 PM MDT [auto]
- Brian M $48,000 on May 04, 2018, 12:22 PM MDT
- Stephen T $49,500 on May 04, 2018, 12:22 PM MDT [auto]
- Tom P $51,000 on May 04, 2018, 12:24 PM MDT
- Stephen T $52,500 on May 06, 2018, 10:16 PM MDT
- Andrew W $54,000 on May 09, 2018, 8:47 AM MDT
- Charles N $55,500 on May 09, 2018, 9:25 AM MDT
- Andrew W $57,000 on May 09, 2018, 9:25 AM MDT [auto]
- Drew G $58,500 on May 09, 2018, 9:33 AM MDT
- Andrew W $60,000 on May 09, 2018, 9:33 AM MDT [auto]
- Drew G $61,500 on May 09, 2018, 9:34 AM MDT
- Conglomerate M $63,000 on May 09, 2018, 10:50 AM MDT
- Charles N $64,500 on May 09, 2018, 1:01 PM MDT
- Andrew W $66,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:03 PM MDT
- Charles N $67,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:37 PM MDT
- Andrew W $69,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:37 PM MDT [auto]
- Charles N $70,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:38 PM MDT
- Andrew W $70,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:38 PM MDT [auto]
- Sonny B $72,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:45 PM MDT
- C F $73,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:54 PM MDT
- Conglomerate M $75,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:55 PM MDT
- C F $75,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:55 PM MDT [auto]
- Stephen T $76,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:55 PM MDT
- Conglomerate M $78,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:56 PM MDT
- C F $79,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:57 PM MDT
- Stephen T $81,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:59 PM MDT
- C F $82,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:59 PM MDT [auto]
- Stephen T $84,000 on May 09, 2018, 2:59 PM MDT
- C F $85,500 on May 09, 2018, 2:59 PM MDT [auto]
- Stephen T $87,000 on May 09, 2018, 3:02 PM MDT
- Conglomerate M $88,500 on May 09, 2018, 3:06 PM MDT
- Stephen T $90,000 on May 09, 2018, 3:07 PM MDT
- Conglomerate M $91,500 on May 09, 2018, 3:12 PM MDT
- Stephen T $93,000 on May 09, 2018, 3:12 PM MDT
- Conglomerate M $94,500 on May 09, 2018, 3:13 PM MDT
- Sreenivas G
- Kevin M
- Conglomerate M
- Michael Z
- Alex M
- Brian M
- Stephen T
- Todd E
- David S
- richard h
- Charles N
- Warren L
- Jeff B
- Charles D
- Tom P
- W W
- Jonathan K
- Sonny B
- mark h
- Andrew W
- Matthew M
- Isaac B
- Eric D
- Drew G
- Bruce M
- C F
- Wade T
- Terence J
- JACK L